What’s new in 0.9.6 ?
- Huge rewrite, mainly from the new members of the Playground branch! Too many speedups, optimizations and other fixes to write here! Many famous games will now work.
- Dropped VM build replaced by the all new Vtlb, meaning no more 'Cannot allocate memory' errors at start up, more accurate emulation, slightly lower speeds but with many optimizations to come
- Full memcard support, working in all games
- Improved Frameskip/VU-skip
- Special Game Fixes Section
- Advanced Options Section for custom tweaking VU/FPU behavior
- Rewritten Multithreaded GS (MTGS) mode, with as much as 15% speedup for HT machines (only 3-5% for Dual Core), and fixes many instabilities.
- Improved VU/FPU Flags and Clamping support (helps fix odd behaviors and SPS in some games)
- Improved EE/IOP synchronization (fixes many freeze-ups and vmhacks).
- Improved CDVD support.
You can download PCSX2 0.9.6 from pcsx2.net.
Thank you guys!!
I’m still downloading the directx update. So I can’t give you any game review yet. But here’s my priority :
- Soul Calibur 3
- Fatal Frame 3
- Suikoden Tactics
- Soul Calibur 3 is better rendered and sees little speed improvement
- Fatal Frame 3 : still no go from title screen
- Suikoden Tactics : still can not get pass first intro
keyword : pcsx2 0.9.6